Looking for some easy tips to protect your skin from harmful UV rays? Here's a few tips to consider. I know I know, Florida problems but hear me out and read below! Comment with your favorite, or add your own tip to share with the rest of us.
Through gloomy mornings and winter temps it’s just as important to remember that we must continue to apply sunscreen every day, whether in or outdoors. Daily sun protection is essential to skin health. Here are some easy tips you can implement daily to protect your skin from harmful UV rays:
- Cover up! The more skin you cover, the better, so opt for long-sleeves and long pants.
- Wear a broad-brimmed hat and UV-protective sunglasses to further protect your face from damaging UV rays.
- If you are outside during the day, try to be in the shade between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm, when the sun is at its’ strongest.
- Sunscreen must be reapplied throughout the day— every two hours during sun exposure and immediately after swimming or sweating excessively.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, especially if you plan to be outdoors for an extended amount of time. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends applying one ounce (that’s two tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body.
- Apply sunscreen even when it is cloudy—The Skin Cancer Foundation states that 20% of the sun’s UV radiation is blocked by cloud coverage; that is still 80% of UV radiation that is reaching your skin.
- Apply sunscreen even when indoors. Nearly all UVB rays are absorbed by glass windows, but UVA rays can still pass through. Be sure to apply SPF to all exposed areas.
#ZOskinhealth #skincare #plasticsurgery #ameliaisland #fernandinabeach #pontevedrabeach